Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Seafood Paella

Had been trying to find the opportunity to use the risotto rice and saffron bought from Spain during my honeymoon. The opportunity showed itself last evening when I finally got the chance to knock off from work on time. Because had initially thought that I need to work late, so have not been buying any groceries for the past few weeks. This dish of seafood paella was assembled based on whatever was available in my fridge: prawns, fish and mixed vegetables.
End verdict: the rice could be yellowier. Must add more saffron the next time (but the recipe says to add only a pinch of saffron what?!?!) Texture of the rice is just nice, neither too soft nor hard. Only complaint from SH is that the paella lacked the taste of shellfish, which I agreed. So when the next opportunity to prepare this dish arise, I shall make sure of the presence of mussels and clams. Run for your life my dear shell-mates the next time you see me in the supermarket!

No comments: